Saturday, November 7, 2009

Science and First Picture!!

(look at her eyelid, can you see the extra "flap" on her left side that's not their on her right side? So you see the extra wrinkles above her left eyebrow that aren't on the right side?)


First off, today I did the Galvanic Spa™ Demo for my good friend L. in Mesa, AZ. L. is maybe in her 50s. I was hoping for good results but seriously, these were amazing. I took pictures but I really don't think they did the before and after justice. The biggest change was by her eyes. She had "loose skin" for lack of a better word that made her eyes look very heavy. When she was done her right eye was wide open. It literally looked like she'd had her eye "done". I love doing the Galvanic Spa™ demo on older people because the change is so much more dramatic. Is that tacky??

After my meeting with L., I was lucky enough to get to a presentation with the head scientist for NuSkin, Dr. Joseph Chang. He explained (in layman's terms) how the new product AgeLoc™ works.

Here's my interpretation:

Think back to 2003, after 20+ years of research scientists had finally mapped the Human Genome. Fast foward a couple years and researchers at Purdue are trying to find which genes produce an enzyme that produces freed radicals which creates antioxidants which causes cancer (say that 3 times fast!). Well, they happened upon the gene that caused symptoms of aging and that where NuSkin stepped in (with deep pockets).

NuSkin then partnered with LifeGen a company headed by two genetic scientists, as well as genetics professors at Stanford that focused on anti-aging genes. What came out of all that was this:

Out of our 40 or so genes, 8 or so are responsible for tissue "aging". Specifically skin structure, pigmentation, hydration, cellular turnover....

Aging is actually a balance, or imbalance, of tissue damage and repair. He gave the example of this "Think of yourself at 15 with a sprained ankle. You're down what? maybe a week? Think of yourself now or at 40 or 50 or 60 with the same issue, same torn tendons. Now you're down a good month or so. The balance of tissue damage and repair is out of whack."

So the point of AgeLoc™ is to reset those gene clusters - to increase the activity of genes responsible for repair and to decrease the activity of genes responsible for damage.

AgeLoc™ attacks the source of aging, not just the signs.

And can I tell you, the thing I loved the most, most, most about Dr. Chang's demonstration was how research-based all of the information was. Everything traced back to published research. I love that!! You just can't find that in any other "cosmetic" company.

So for now, the only products with AgeLoc™ in it are the Galvanic Spa™ gels. But being released in January to the general public, is an entire line. Some lucky people have been able to get their hands on it and a few were there today and told of some amazing results. Seriously, there was this woman who insisted she was 58 but even now I have a hard time believing it. If that face is 58, then I'm 18. :)

I could go on and on but I'll wrap it up by saying that I loved learning about the science behind the product, especially about how it's nothing anyone else has or (thanks to proprietary research) will have for the next 17 years or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment