Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sales

My Dad has been in sales forever. So I called him yesterday for my first Sales 101 lesson. I think I learned some valuable concepts. Some of them are pretty old school but since I have no clue what I'm doing, I found them really helpful.

  • A successful meeting is when I have talked only 40% of the time. The customer needs to talk the other 60%.
  • Know FAB: Features, Advantages, and Benefits. In detail of each product you are trying to sell.
  • Meaning... find out what is important to the customer and know the features and advantages that provide the benefit that customer is looking for.
  • Questions are the answers, ask the right question to provide the right product. "What is important to you regarding your skin?"
  • If you have to make a statement, follow with a question. "Is that important to you?"
  • FEEL, FELT, FOUND. Example "Many people have felt aging skin is inevitability. Have you ever felt that way? Many people have found that the Galvanic Spa™ with AgeLoc™ actually reverses signs of aging, including wrinkles and sun spots. Is that important to you?" Ugggg, that is sooooo rehearsed......
  • He gave me another great example: "how do you feel about the economy and what is has done to your family's income? So many other people have felt that way as well. I have found that the Nu Skin compensation plan has dramatically helped our family's income."
  • Finally: find the probem asking quetions. And use a 3rd party story to solve the problem. I loved this suggestion because there is little to no pressure.

And really that's what I want to achieve. A way of selling a product that is no pressure, simply offering a solution to a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment